Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's The Blake Show Now


With Haley booted and Sanjaya's shock value depleting, Idol is boring. Will losing the attractive Idol kill the ratings? We'll find out tonight. Booting the weaker contestants makes Idol a lot less interesting. I'm not watching to hear good singers sing good songs. That's what back-up singers are for. I want to see contestants with personality who aren't the best singers go on stage and light it up. Last night Blake was the only one to perform a fiery, inspired country song. Right now he is the one to beat.

Sanjaya's bandana, hyped up perm, and uninspired rendition of Bonnie Raitt's Lets Give Them Something To Talk About left me feeling like I wasted an hour of my life. We want the pony-hawk-No-Doubt-singing Sanjaya back. Melinda is a performer, but I can't ignore the incessant comparisons to Shrek. I've been avoiding this for weeks, but the comparision is uncanny. Shrek's twin cannot be the American Idol.

Chris Richardson or Phil Stacey, who will go tonight? They are both horrendous singers and performers, but Phil needs to be booted, his eyes scare my cousins.

What do the other Idols think of Haley?



via
[Getty Images]

No comments: