Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Multi-Touch Screen

There's many gadgets out there with touch-screen technology. However, that doesn't make them all the same. I've played with car in-dash units that had a sloooow iPod interface, even on the supposedly fast ones.

Touch-screen gadgetry used to be limited to recognition of just one finger on the screen at a time, but Jeff Han has developed a multi-touch screen that registers the touch of multiple fingers.

His demo shows people navigating through software that looks like Google Earth. I'm guessing that depending on how many fingers you use, and the direction you move your hands, it will let you zoom in & zoom out, move in all different directions, or rotate.



Very cool stuff going for a prototype. I'd want a navigable security camera that lets me look all through my house.

via[crunchgear]x[newyorktimes]

-SAID

No comments: