Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gamestop Can't Stop Won't Stop $5.3 Billion


I get video games every once in a while. I'm getting back into them. I recently picked up God of War II, but haven't got anything new before that since Need For Speed: Carbon. I bought those from Gamestop.

Everything I do involving video games goes through Gamestop (except a subscription to Gamefly). That covers window shopping, selling old games, and buying games new & used.

It's not really because I love Gamestop though. It's because there's not really anywhere else to get games! That's because I rarely visit Circuit City or Best Buy. I do go to malls frequently though, so I'll always stop in at Gamestop because games are all they've got.

Way back in 2006, Gamestop "grossed the most in the fiscal year that anybody could wish to". At least I'm sure that they have more sales than EB Games & whoever the other competition is.

Gamestop experienced a heck of a growth from $3.1 billion to $5.3 billion in sales. Just sales though! The annual net income hit $158.3 million, and $334 million for operating income.

There's talk of 500 some new stores, so with Gamestop holding court you can expect the employees to do more shifty stuff and games to stay "new" for longer.

Also you'll probably only get $3 for a PSP game, so pawning your PSP games for a quick fix is a waste of time.

via
[Joystiq]

-SAID

No comments: